Chrysalis Mission Group
This beautiful porch extends from one of the guest rooms at the Chrysalis Retreat Center.
The Chrysalis Mission Group is committed to the mission of The Chrysalis Interfaith Retreat Center on the LCF/church grounds. The group meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month, at 4pm in the Lodge. Commitments of the members are:
- Share ultimate responsibility for the mission
- Daily prayer, meditation, and study
- Be channels of love, forgiveness, and compassion in the world
- Contribute our time and financial support
- Prompt and regular attendance at mission group meetings
- Discern our own and others’ gifts to be used in the mission
- Share with the group on a regular basis a report on our spiritual journey
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend an annual silent retreat
- Renew commitment to the group and its mission annually
- Grow in understanding and appreciation of religious traditions other than our own
- Work with intern or exploring members
Those feeling called to move toward a commitment to the mission group, its structure and work, are encouraged to attend mission group meetings for a period of at least three months prior to making a commitment. This is to enable fuller understanding of the mission itself, the nature of membership in the mission group, and provides a period of preparation for readiness to make this commitment. At the time of commitment, the new member will share her/his spiritual autobiography with the group.