Film: “Open Bethlehem”
This will be a free screening of the film, Open Bethlehem, followed by a discussion with the director, Leila Sansour. See details below this 2-minute trailer.
OPEN BETHLEHEM – A big film about a small town. A documentary feature by Leila Sansour. Film website: http://www.openbethlehem.org/the-film.html
OPEN BETHLEHEM is a story of a homecoming to the world’s most famous little town. The film spans seven momentous years in the life of Bethlehem, revealing a city of astonishing beauty and political strife under occupation.
Leila Sansour is an acclaimed film maker with an unconventional portfolio. She is the founder and spokesperson of OPEN BETHLEHEM, an organization that works to bring international commitment to the resolution of the Israeli/Palestinian question using Bethlehem as a gateway into the situation. She is a well known speaker on issues of the Middle East. She has written articles and given talks at the British parliament, The Royal Institute of Foreign Affairs (UK), The Royal College of Defense, The Carter Center, Amnesty International, and many other venues.
This screening is sponsored by the Church of the Covenant and the Spiritual Life Center at Lynchburg College.
This event will be held in the 250-seat Sydnor Performance Hall in Elliot & Rosel Schewel Hall, adjacent to Snidow Chapel.
You can view an abbreviated, 34-minute, version of the file here:
Prior to the screening in Lynchburg, the film will be shown in these locations:
- December 3, Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2, Tuscon, Arizona
- December 1, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, Canada
- November 29, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey
- November 28, Columbia University, New York City
- November 27, Fordham University, New York City
- November 20, Jimmy Carter Presidential Library, Atlanta
- November 19, Point Loma Public Library, San Diego
- November 14, University of North Carolina, Durham