1948 – A boys group began meeting with Jack Cosby and Bev Cosby in the basement of Pantops, the Cosby home.
1950 – Creation of Lynchburg Christian Fellowship
1950 – Beginning of the Lynchburg Christian Fellowship (LCF) summer day camp for boys and girls
1954 – Founding of the Church of the Covenant, by Beverly Cosby and Irving Stubbs, affiliating with the Congregational Christian denomination, which soon (1957) merged with the Evangelical and Reformed denomination to form the United Church of Christ.
1960 – David Pollitt became the first full-time director of Lynchburg Christian Fellowship.
1961 – The Lodge of the Fishermen was opened.
1961 – A small swimming pool was built to serve the children of the LCF day camp.
1962 – Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was served lunch with Lynchburg pastors in the Lodge of the Fishermen.
1962 – The LCF swimming pool was integrated.
1967 – P. G. Cosby, III moved to Lynchburg to become the second full-time director of LCF.
1967 – The Kum-Ba-Yah Ecumenical Center was opened.
1972 – The Alpha Shalom Nursery opened, serving for three years.
1972 – The Romans 12 Mission Group began, later phased out.
1973 – LCF changed its name to Lynchburg Covenant Fellowship.
1975 – The Wood Ministry began, serving many years before being absorbed by other ministries.
1976 – Citizens for a Future World was formed, now Lynchburg Peace Education Center.
1980 – The Equal Access Mission Group began.
1982 – The Kum-Ba-Yah Ecumenical Center became the Kum-Ba-Yah Association. It is now the Interfaith Outreach Association.
1982 – Camp Kum-Ba-Yah became a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
1983 – The Nichols Tavern Players Dinner Theatre opened at the Joseph Nichols Tavern, performing for several years.
1984 – New Land Community Arts began, serving for several years.
1985 – New Land Jobs began to provide life skills training and to find jobs for the unemployed.
1988 – The Fair Harvest Cooperative began; phased out in 1992.
1988 – New Land Samaritan Inns Mission Group (NLSI) was formed.
1991 – New Land Industries was opened and incorporated, providing job training and jobs.
1992 – The Gateway was opened by NLSI to serve homeless men.
1994 – Miriam’s House was opened by NLSI to serve homeless women and their children.
1995 – The Jubilate Mission Group was formed to support formation of a L’Arche Home
1997 – Elizabeth’s Early Learning Center opened.
1998 – The Haven Mission Group was formed.
1999 – The Haven, Inc. received its charter.
2002 – The death of Rev. Bev Cosby
2003 – The Haven, Inc. became a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
2003 – Rev. David L. Edwards became the second full-time pastor of Church of the Covenant.
2003 – L’Arche Blue Ridge Mountains opened the first L’Arche Home in Lynchburg.
2003 – The Festival Center opened on Madison Street – phased out in 2010.
2004 – Church of the Covenant affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) – while continuing its affiliation with the United Church of Christ.
2005 – The Children Worship and Wonder program began.
2005 – Church of the Covenant acquired the parsonage, Pantops, from LCF.
2005 – L’Arche Blue Ridge Mountains opened the second L’Arche Home in Lynchburg.
2007 – Chrysalis Interfaith Retreat Center was opened.
2007 – The Genesis Mission Group began.
2011 – The Children Outdoors Mission Group began and started development of an outdoor school.
2011 – The New Lodge Mission Group began.
2013 – The Gateway was acquired by Lyn-CAG and is now called The Gateway Program.
2013 – Resident of the L’Arche Homes began moving into family homes.
2014 – The Common Grounds Café opened.
2015 – The L’Arche Homes closed in Lynchburg and Wall Residences assumed operations, focusing on relocation of resident from the Central Virginia Training Center.
2016 – Rev. David L. Edward retired and moved to Kentucky.
2017 – The Children Outdoors Mission Group shifted focus from an outdoor school to Kinderwoods: A Nature Explore Space
2017 – the Music Mission Group began.
2017 – Rev. Daniel S. Harrison became the third full-time pastor of the Church of the Covenant.